Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I bet this guy thought WTH?! a Warrior?!


This Druid was 2 levels above me. He was 45 and I was 43. Yes, I hit him while he attacking a mob, but he was at 100% health and we were attacking the same mobs.

This was a rough fight! Druids are tough mainly because of 3 things which are a) Bear form b) Entangling Roots and c) Heals.

Bear form gives them armor comparable if not a little better than the plate you are wearing so they have just as much Dmg Reduction in this form. Also, there are those damn roots that stick you in one place while they go off and give the self love they call healing. Now listen up, IF you are on a PvP server you must have Second Wind. I know this skill is further up the Arms talent tree than I have gone so far, but I am going to list it here now.

Second WindRank 1
Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 10 rage and 5% of your total health over 10 sec.

Second WindRank 2
Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 20 rage and 10% of your total health over 10 sec.

This is a talent that Warriors have to have in PvP land. We get stunned and CC (Crowd Controlled) so much that if we can't get some Rage and Health while they are doing it we may as well not play the game. I remember doing BGs before this came along and Sweet Monkeys it was rough.

I wish I could type up a play by play of the fight but it was long. Needless to say, I had to drop a pot and burn retaliate. There were also quite a few Pummels involved. Retaliate was the last to go... after he went Bear and let himself get down health a bit, I made sure he was Hamstringed and sat on top of him while Retaliate and Mortal Strike and Execute did their job. After 4 Warriors dying all the time in PvP, I am finally a better player and can kill any class I want given the chance. It's true that you need to know the other classes and how they fight because if you know how they fight you know what's coming next.


No comments:

Post a Comment