Friday, October 10, 2008

More Books


So like everyone else who reads the blogosphere having to do with WoW and what not, I read a lot of books. I am not doing that list of what “banned” books have you read. I have read some of them but meh… other people have answered that post. Let’s talk about the everyman’s books and the greats you can find.

Note: Noobed reads tons. He can read much faster than I and maybe as fast as my wife. Since I have known Noobed going on 12 years now (How have I lasted you ask? Breaks!) he has recommended a few and they will assuredly make this list of mine. I am going for stuff that I am reading now as well as throw backs to yesteryears and staying simply in Sci-FI/ Fantasy/ Horror realm. I will go in no particular order and will not vouch for entire series runs.

Necroscope – Brian Lumley
The Eye of the World – Robert Jordan
The Lions of Al-Rassan – Guy Gavriel Kay
The Black Company – Glenn Cook
Neuromancer – William Gibson
Tigana – Guy Gavriel Kay
I am Legend – Tim Matheson
The Dark Tower – Stephen King
The Mis-enchanted Sword – Lawrence Watt Evans
Deed of Paksenarrion – Elizabeth Moon
H.P. Lovecraft Short Stories
Robert E. Howard Short Stories (Conan imparticular)
Elric – Micheal Moorcock

Well, there are ten for you. I need to be able to look at my books on a shelf to get a better idea but those are standing out right now as some of the best I have read over my 18 some odd years of reading the stuff. Kay actually made it on there twice. I remember these books vividly.

I have just read Gotrek and Felix Omnibus 1 and I really dug it. It was close to Howard’s writing style with the grit, grime and hopelessness for the main characters. I have started on The Vampire Genevieve set in the same Warhammer universe and really like it as well. Anybody besides Noobed read any of these or have some more suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment