Sunday, May 4, 2008

Books and Movies


Since I have decided to blog more regularly, I need more stuff to blog about. Here is what I am reading right now. I remember reading some Dan Simmons in college but not remembering it well. I had a chance to visit the bookstore on Friday right before I went to see Iron Man. I usually pick up anywhere between 4-6 books and proceed to read the prologue or first chapter and make my decision from there.

Ilium is some king of crazy space opera style book that flashes between a guy who is observing the Iliad as is happened and a future when. I can't really tell what it is about just yet as I am only 50 some odd pages in. However, the writing is very good in style. For some reason, it reminds me of Cryptonomicon.

I will give it a review when I am done. If you have read it please don't give me any spoilers.




It's Sunday which means it is time to clean and do some laundry. I usually watch a movie or some such while this is going on. Encore is showing L.A. Confidential. I remember hearing rave reviews and Oscar stuff about this movie when it came out. I decide it's my pick. Luck of the draw!! This movie was really fantastic. I didn't get much cleaning done after this first half hour of this show.

Everyone in this movie is a fantastic actor/actress. I was so completely surprised by Kevin Spacey again. Kevin Spacey is one of my all time favorite actors. Excepting his turn as Lex Luthor (WTF?! How could he be a bad Lex?! /sigh) I don't think the man has had a bad showing.

Anyways, if you are looking for a murder mystery or the noirish type I recommend giving this a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment