Friday, September 12, 2008

Putting the Arms back in Arms and Fury

I think it is getting close enough that I can review the new talents without them changing too much on me. After I go through all of the trees, I will start posting specs that I am playing around with. Also, I need to do math on the bleed damage happiness Arms is going for and I should be able to get that done over the weekend. Please comment on anything and everything. If you think I am miss thinking a use for a talent or spec, I would love to here about it.

BladestormRank 1
11
2
Instantly Whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 1 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other attacks or abilities but you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.25 Rage, Instant, 1.5 min cooldown

Ok, can we get a decent end talent in arms tree?! Seriously >.< I can see where grinding would be made humorous from this and that’s it.


Wrecking CrewRank 5
10
2
Your melee critical hits Enrage you, increasing all damage caused by 10% for 12 sec.

This is a straight bread and butter talent for increasing DMG. It is nothing too special and not to be past over when going deep in Arms.


Sudden DeathRank 3
9
1
Your melee critical hits have a 30% chance of allowing the use of Execute regardless of the target's health state.

This could be a happy thing since execute these days is really just another Mortal Strike and not the killer of yesteryear.


Blood FrenzyRank 2
9
3
Your Rend and Deep Wounds abilities also increase all physical damage caused to that target by 2%.

A reason to use Rend? Prbly not. However, you will probably maybe still have Deep Wounds… maybe not. In any event, an extra 2% damage for 2 talents isn’t horrible.


Unrelenting AssaultRank 2
8
3
Reduces the cooldown of your Overpower and Revenge abilities by 4 seconds.

Not so much for revenge in my opinion but how many times would you just eat that rogue or warrior from having faster overpowers? Daddy like this one.


Strength of ArmsRank 2
7
3
Increases your total Strength and total health by 4%.

Not great, not shabby… I’d pick it up.


Improved SlamRank 2
7
4
Decreases the swing time of your Slam ability by 1 sec.

Same ole thing… I am still wondering why they put the insta slam in Tier 9 Fury… bastiches. Can you imagine the rotation arms could have had?


TraumaRank 2
6
4
Your normal melee critical strikes increase the effectiveness of Bleed effects on the target by 30% for 15 sec.

They sure are trying to get you to bleed something aren’t they? Makes that Dwarf racial nice in PvP versus Deep Arms warrior with Bleed talents out the hooha. I need to run some math and see what the new Bleed Damage can add up to for what Rage cost. I’ll do that shortly.


Taste for BloodRank 3
4
1
Whenever your Rend ability causes damage, you have a 30% chance of allowing the use of your Overpower ability for 5 secs.

Did I mention them trying to get you to bleed something? With the reduced overpower talent and the extra bleed damage… it may be something to look into.


Justified KillingRank 2
4
3
You gain 6 rage every time you parry an attack.

Crap talent? Looks like.

That’s it for the new Arms tree stuff. I am not overly impressed but I do like the Bleed bit. Seems like they are leading us into a make sure the dot is up tree. Bladestorm is dreadful though. If they wanted me to use that in PvP they can suck it. The only thing worth it is the fear break since they took it out of Death Wish. I break the fear… sorta… at least I am capable of doing damage while not in control of my actions? Was that the thinking? I’ll be back shortly with the new Fury stuff and my concerns that Fury still has not replaced Arms for PvP even with the new healing debuff.

I wish I had gotten into the beta so I could test this stuff better L

No comments:

Post a Comment