Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spin Class!! er What?!

So I am still hitting the gym and have even started dieting after I read something that struck me as profound and really quite simple. An article on Bodybuilding.com said that one can not out exercise a bad diet. Geez?! Really?! I don’t know how many times I justified eating something because I had worked out that day but I assure you it was a lot. So I have been on my diet for 3 weeks and this is the start of the 4th. I have had tremendous gains. I take that back as I have had tremendous losses. I dropped a pant size again in 3 weeks and I am down to 252lbs. I will be keeping up with this diet until at least December.

It’s been really easy because I do allow myself a cheat day on Saturdays. I may get to the point where I don’t have a cheat day but I enjoy waking up on Saturday mornings with my son and have a really big bowl of Cocoa Crispies which we share while watching cartoons. Sun – Fri it is planned meal time. For those wondering what it looks like.

Morning – 1cup of Oatmeal
Mid Morning – 12oz with protein mix
Lunch – 6oz chicken breast with Broccoli
Mid Afternoon – Can of Tuna
Gym time 45 – 60 minutes depending
Dinner – Protien, carbs, veggies
Late night – 2tblspns of Peanut Butter

The above it pretty balanced and honestly, since I eat every 2-3 hours, I am not hungry and I do not get hit with food cravings because I am always full or haven’t been without food long enough to get hungry. I am also drinking ½ gallon to a gallon of water a day.

Now what was that about spin class? My supervisor does a spin class and has challenged me to go to it. Now, I can do that damnable elliptical machine for about an hour but this spin class crap is going to kill me. I told her I’d go so Ima gonna… just don’t expect too much.

1 comment:

  1. Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to peer a great blog like this one today..

    ReplyDelete